List of Creams That Contain Hydroquinone
Hydroquinone is one of the common ingredients found in skin lightening creams these days. Some dermatologists even recommend using creams with this ingredient to fight dark spots, aging spots, pigmentation, sunburn, etc. However, it is vital to choose the right cream for your skin. There are certain things you should know about hydroquinone, which are enlisted below. So if you are willing to brighten your skin tone naturally, here are the things you need to know about hydroquinone and the 15 best hydroquinone creams to choose from.
1. Admire My Skin Ultra Potent Brightening Serum
With 2% hydroquinone and a blend of ingredients like salicylic acid, lactic acid, and vitamin C, this cream is here to reduce dark spots and enhance your skin tone. The cream is also great for treating melasma and gently peels off the dark spots to reveal brighter and lighter skin. This serum is great for facial skin as well as for your body and is loaded with powerful ingredients that get absorbed in the skin and gives quick results.
- Offers great results within 4-5 weeks of continuous use
- Has a blend of skin-whitening ingredients
- Gentle on every skin type
- Works very well for melasma and pigmentation
- Skin feels rejuvenated after every use
- May sting upon application
2. Tetyana Dark Spot Corrector Brightening Serum For Face and Body
This skin brightening serum checks all the boxes when it comes to correcting dark spots and repairing your skin. The serum is enriched with skin brightening ingredients; works well for dark spots, freckles, sunspots, and other scars, and it effectively decreases melanin production. The cream has 4% butylresorcinol that works well for hyperpigmentation and brightens skin tone while also nourishing it from deep within.
- Prevents premature aging and wrinkles
- Consists of kojic acid, morinda citrifolia, salicylic acid, and lactic acid
- Can be used for legs, arms, face, elbows, knees
- Works great on sensitive skin
- Improves complexion while removing dark stains
- It takes time to show results
Buy Now From Amazon
3. Divine Derriere Skin Brightening Corrector Serum
This dark spot corrector serum brightens your skin and fades the black spots, melasma, and hyperpigmentation. This product is suitable for the face as well as body. Effective in 4 weeks, if applied two times daily. The ingredients like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, and vitamin C work effectively by penetrating the skin to eliminate flaky skin and dead cells.
- Exfoliates and polishes the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Acts as a skin lightening agent
- Comes in an attractive bottle
- May sting sensitive skin
4. Melina Organics Intimate Whitening Gel
Pigmentation in the intimate areas is a common issue, and to fight it, here is a bleaching cream that is extremely safe to use. It consists of organic ingredients that help restore the natural skin tone. Not only for brightening the intimate parts, but this cream is also used for fighting tan, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and melasma. It works gently on skin as it is formulated with a blend of aloe vera gel and hyaluronic acid to make your skin look lighter and brighter.
- Gentle gel for brightening
- Hydrates skin with ingredients like alpha arbutin
- Made using plant-based ingredients like licorice, aloe, citric acid, and essential oils
- Helps with redness, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone
- Can be applied on face, bikini line, armpits
- May leave a foul smell
Buy Now From Amazon
5. Alpha Skin Care Dual Action Skin Lightener
To treat skin issues like dark spots and pigmentation along with signs of aging, what can be better than a cream that consists of 2% hydroquinone and hyaluronic acid? This cream is free from parabens and skin-harming chemicals and thus is safe to use on sensitive skin. It lightens, hydrates the skin, and provides essential vitamins and nutrients that nourish the skin from within.
- Restores the natural radiance of your skin
- Great for dry skin
- Loaded with natural ingredients and minerals
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and spots
- May cause breakout on acne-prone skin
6. Whitening Labs Dark Spot Corrector Cream
This is a multipurpose dark spot corrector cream that is organic, vegan, and consists of natural ingredients that enable skin brightening. If you are looking for a product free from parabens, silicones, and additives, this one makes a great option. For youthful and blemish-free skin, apply this cream regularly. Another point to note is that it is also suitable for sensitive and combination skin.
- Free from alcohol, parabens, and silicones
- Can be used on the face, legs, hands
- May not work well on hyperpigmented skin
7. Emma Cardinelli Skin Care Dark Spot Lightening Cream
This cream is your go-to solution if you are looking to fight skin issues without irritating it. The glycolic acid present in the lotion penetrates the layers of your skin and fades sun spots, dark spots, and age spots. This fast-acting cream improves texture with its non-irritating formula to provide instant skin lightening.
- Refreshing mild mango scent
- Enriched with 2% hydroquinone and 6% glycolic acid
- Works very well on sunspots, dark spots, and blotchy skin
- Safe to use on sensitive and combination skin
- May cause a slight stinging sensation
8. Divine Derriere Dark Spot Corrector with Alpha Arbutin Cream
Featuring a brightening complex of plant-based ingredients and peptide, this alpha arbutin cream is an ultimate calming and brightening agent. Its powerful yet gentle formula revives dull skin and fights dark spots and pigmentation. This cream also works well on the pigmentation on elbows, intimate areas, knees, and underarms.
- Reduces dark spots and acne marks
- Fresh and radiant-looking skin
- Enriched with alpha-arbutin for improving skin tone
- Works safely on sensitive skin
- May have a foul smell
9. Paula’s Choice Triple-Action Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA Lotion
No products found.
This triple-action, dark spot eraser features an effective spot lightening formula. It is formulated with a blend of 2% hydroquinone and 7% glycolic acid along with antioxidants to fight discoloration and cleanse the skin. This sheer fluid lotion is perfect for normal, dry, and combination skin and works as a gentle cleanser if you have pigmentation issues.
- Does not feel greasy on skin
- Helps eliminate the signs of aging
- Nourishes and moisturizes skin while brightening it
- Fragrance and cruelty-free
- Doesn’t work effectively on freckles
10. Ebanel Dr Lightening Ultra Potent Facial Cream
Nothing can be more effective and hydrating than a multipurpose cream that consists of vitamin C to lighten and improve skin tone. This cream works on melasma-affected skin and also helps eliminate acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, and such skin issues. Within 4-6 weeks, you can observe visible results and watch your spots fade away too. Loaded with the benefits of alpha arbutin, niacinamide, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid, this cream will work gently on your skin.
- Slowly eliminates down skin damage
- Helps battle sun damage and spots
- Also offers anti-aging benefits
- This cream may sting a little
- Smell may be overwhelming
11. Skin Pro Ultra Lightening Skin Brightener
No products found.
Are you struggling with an uneven skin tone? Try this medical-grade dark spot corrector and hydroquinone-based skin lightener and say goodbye to discoloration and pigmentation. This brightening serum will help your skin recover from melasma, discoloration, aging spots, etc. It also helps prevent future acne breakouts and helps eliminate acne scars.
- Medical-grade cream that fights discoloration
- Restores the natural skin tone and offers a radiant glow
- Works on acne scars, pigmented areas, and sunspots
- Might take long to see visible results
12. MD Complete Anti-Aging Dark Spot Corrector
The combination of vitamins C and E works like magic on your skin! This formulation helps refine your skin’s natural texture. If your skin is covered with dark spots or sun spots, this cream with hydroquinone will work as an irritation-free, skin brightening product. Simply perform a patch test on your arms, and if everything goes well, use it twice a day for the best results!
- Filled with the goodness of retinol and vitamin C
- Restores the natural skin tone
- Lightens the brown spots caused due to sun damage
- It may take long to see results
- Packaging is not convenient to use
13. Bianca Rosa Hydroquinone Formula Gel
This potent bleaching cream is infused with ingredients that help tackle age spots and pigmentation. It is a highly effective cream for skin issues like acne scars, dark spots, wrinkles, sun spots, etc. It leaves your skin with a youthful glow that you will want to flaunt in those selfies! Plus, it works well if used with sunscreen. Its thin consistency easily gets absorbed in the skin and works from within to show great results.
- Transparent cream that gets easily absorbed
- Gradually lightens the hyperpigmented areas
- Suitable for all skin types
- Rich with antioxidants to prevent uneven skin tone
- Has a watery consistency
14. GLYTONE Dark Spot Corrector
This dark spot corrector increases cell production and reduces the production of melanin. When used with a broad spectrum SPF, it protects against sun damage. It gently reduces the appearance of dark spots and prevents the formation of new spots while balancing the skin tone and leaving your skin with a bright glow.
- Works on dark patches, freckles, age spots
- Features a dab-on sponge design for easy usage
- Enriched with hydroquinone and kojic acid
- Fragrance-free and non-comedogenic product
- It has an overpowering smell
- The packaging may cause leakage
15. Gloxinia Life by Dr. Calle Citrus Kojic Acid
No products found.
A dark spot corrector that is enriched with aloe vera gel and hyaluronic acid, this not only clears dark spots but also hydrates and nourishes your skin. It restores the natural skin tone by fading dark spots and helps achieve an even complexion. Infused with active ingredients, this cream will leave your skin supple and radiant while also working to eliminate acne scars, pigmentation, and signs of aging.
- Inhibits pigmentation that causes melasma
- Pomegranate extracts offer antioxidant protection
- Improves the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Regular use results in even complexion
- Does not work for highly pigmented areas
Now that we have seen the best hydroquinone creams in the market, let us find out more about them.
What Does Hydroquinone Cream Do- Is It Safe
Hydroquinone is a chemical generally present in skin whitening creams as it reduces the formation of melanin in the skin. Melanin is a pigment that causes pigmentation, and thus, hydroquinone is used to prevent tanning by limiting the production of melanin.
It is widely used for lightening dark skin, removing pigmentation, prevents sun damage and dark spots, and is often prescribed by dermatologists and doctors. It is safe to use as per the directions of your doctor and should not be used for longer than the recommended period. Also, consult your doctor before using it if you have an allergy or skin issues.
How To Choose The Best Hydroquinone Cream
To choose the most effective hydroquinone cream, it is essential to look at the list of ingredients. Make sure that you select one with natural ingredients, and that is free from parabens, chemicals, synthetic extracts, and products that might cause skin irritation. Before purchasing a hydroquinone cream, also consult your dermatologist if you have any underlying skin condition or are allergic to skin creams to prevent any harmful effects on your skin.
There are loads of hydroquinone creams available in the market that can leave you spoiled for choices you, but if you want the best results, choose one that suits your skin type. In this post, we have put together 15 best hydroquinone creams that work well on different skin types. Use any of these creams regularly and get bright and spot-free skin.
Which of these products are you most excited to try out? Let us know in the comments below.